To encourage academic exchange between academic members of CUHK and from Mainland China and Taiwan, Office of Academic Links (China) [OALC] has launched the Mainland and Taiwan Visiting Scholar Scheme, aiming at developing effective platform of communication to pave the way for future cooperation.
- To promote research collaboration and academic exchange between CUHK and the University’s strategic partners in mainland China and Taiwan
- To enhance long-term exchange between scholars from CUHK and the University’s strategic partners in mainland China and Taiwan
- To assist academic units in CUHK to host academic scholars from mainland China and Taiwan
- Incoming scholars
Applicants must be an academic staff or a post-doctoral fellow, with proficient English level. The proposed visit shall be initiated by an academic department of CUHK; or initiated by scholars from CUHK partner institutions in Mainland China and Taiwan, with endorsement from CUHK academic units.
- Outgoing academic members
Applicants must be full-time academic staff in CUHK. The proposed visit shall be initiated by the applicant or an academic department of CUHK. The visit shall be paid to CUHK partner institutions in Mainland China and Taiwan.
Duration of the Visit
From 30 days to 1 year
Nature of Exchange
Visits under this scheme must be in collaborative nature. Exchange activities may include academic visits, attending seminars or meetings, participating in lectures and collaboration on research projects. Visiting scholars shall not be engaged in any provision of services and/or discharge of professional duties that may be construed as employment. They shall also observe and comply with all applicable laws in Hong Kong.
Services provided for scholars by Office of Academic Links (China)/ Office of Hong Kong Macau and Taiwan Affairs in mainland China/ Office of International Affairs in Taiwan
- Issuing invitation letter;
- Applying training visa;
- Arranging accommodation (either on campus or outside campus);
- Liaising with host department;
- Proving arrival guides;
- Applying certificates for using campus facilities including the Library and Clinic;
- Arranging orientation to introduce the institution;
- Providing care and administrative assistance during the period of stay;
- Issuing Certificate of Recogni
Assistance provided for students by academic units
- Hosting and coordinating research schedule and activities (eg. faculty visit, research activities and exchange) during the period of stay;
- Arranging working place or station, if necessary
For enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.